The Open Category is a project based competition. Students create their own intelligent robotics solution relating to the current theme of the season. Teams will present their project and their robot model to a group of judges on the competition day.
Open Category characteristics:
- Three age groups: Elementary (up to 12y), Junior (13-15y) and Senior (16-19y.)
- Hardware: The robot model must be controlled by a LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT or EV3 brick, but there no further restriction on the balance between LEGO® and other elements.
- Software: Free choice of programming language / software.
- Maximum size: Teams present the idea in a 2m x 2m x 2m booth on the competition day.
- Team: A team consists of 1 coach and 2 or 3 team members.
For all specific rules and regulations refer to our General Rules!