Our partner Cogmation Robotics has launched VirtualRobotGames.com. This is a platform for teams and individuals to train and compete in a virtual WRO competition using the Virtual Robotics Toolkit that is developed by Cogmation.
Get your whole WRO team excited about STEM-based learning, by giving each of your team members access to a virtual robot of their very own!
Designed for use with LEGO® MINDSTORMS®, the Virtual Robotics Toolkit makes it easy to design, program, and test a simulated LEGO robot in a variety of 3D environments. When finished, use the same software to control the real thing, or to compete in online competitions against others from around the world!
- The Virtual Robotics Toolkit can be used without having a physical robot at hand.
- The Virtual Robotics Toolkit uses the official LEGO® Mindstorms EV3 programming environment to control and program a simulated replica of an EV3 robot.
- Students can also import custom robot creations using LDraw™ and LEGO® Digital Designer.
- The companion website, VirtualRobotGames.com, allows for 24/7 continuous access to online competition against other WRO teams from around the world.
- Current and past WRO challenges, as well as educational content, is constantly being added to the website.
Options for National Organizers
The tool is especially useful for National Organizers who are looking to expand their reach. Cogmation offers the possibility to localise content and competition to suit their specific geographic needs. National organizers wishing to use the online tournament platform to host competitions, please contact Priyanka Tuteja at Cogmation. (priyanka(at)cogmation.com)
Options for WRO teams
Teams can get a free 60-day trial version of the Virtual Robotics Toolkit so they can experiment with this exciting new platform. Just sign up on www.virtualrobotgames.com and create an online account today!