The Advanced Robotics Challenge (ARC) is our newest category. The games are designed to test older and more experienced student’s engineering and programming skills to the limit.
In 2015 and 2016 we ran a Bowling game and in the 2017 season we introduced the Tetrastack challenge.
Advanced Robotics Challenge characteristics:
- One age group: 17-25 years old.
- Hardware: Robots must be built using MATRIX and TETRIX® building systems only. There are no restrictions about the use and brand of sensors, batteries or electrical motors and servos.
- Controllers: Only National Instruments™ myRIO or KNR (myRIO based). Note: 2017 is the last year that LEGO® EV3 controllers can be used.
- Software: Control software must be written in LabVIEW from National Instruments™ or any text-based language like C, C++, C#, RobotC, Java or Python.
- Maximum robot size: 45cm x 45cm x 45cm.
- Team: A team consists of 1 coach and 2 or 3 team members.
For all specific rules and regulations refer to our General Rules!