All financial and strategic decisions for WRO are made by our Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors members are:
- Mr. Lars Vahl (Chairman)
- Ms. Leefin Cham (Finance Manager)
- Mr. Claus Ditlev Christensen (Secretary General)
- Mr. Eugene Zhang
- Mr. Johnson Jan
- Mr. Yasuhide Kobayashi
- Mr. Clarence Sirisena
The WRO Advisory Council (AC) includes a variety of people from academic and corporate backgrounds. The council members bring us important strategic knowledge that helps us keep up with a constantly changing world.
The AC members are:
- Mr. Brent Hutcheson, South Africa (Chairman)
- Mr. KingHui Law, Malaysia
- Dr. Feng-Kuang Chiang, China
- Dr. Kai-Tai Song, Chinese Taipei
- Dr. Marcelo Ang, Singapore
- Mr. Ole Caprani, Denmark
- Mr. Kerry Bailey, Australia
- Mr. Dominic Bruneau, Canada
- Ms. Alejandra Sanchez, Costa Rica
- Ms. Birthe Ritter, Denmark
- Mr. Zoltán Szögi, Hungary
- Ms. Nualwon Cha-ume, Thailand
- Mr. Carles Soler, Spain
- Mr. Eugene Zhang, China
- Mr. Johnson Jan, Chinese Taipei
- Mr. Yasuhide Kobayashi, Japan
- Mr. Clarence Sirisena, Singapore
Our dedicated WRO staff manages the operation of our diverse and exciting organization. No task is too small or too important for them and they do their best to ensure that WRO is constantly improving and extending its reach in the world.
Amongst other things they are working on the following topics:
Our Secretary General Mr. Claus Ditlev Christensen
- is responsible for fundraising and partnerships.
- finds new countries to host the WRO International Final.
- works with our Board and Advisory Council on their agendas.
Our Program Manager Ms. Karen Bebelaar
- is the first contact for our national organizers.
- coordinates the WRO international final with the host country.
- handles our use of media.
Our Program Consultant Mr. Markus Fleige
- is responsible for managing our IT systems.
- coordinates the development of games & rules.
- supports countries with expert insights.
Beneath the international organization of WRO Association are our National Organizers. They take on the responsibility for organizing local and regional competitions as well as the national finals. They are also responsible for travelling to the international final with the winning teams.
Without our National Organizers, there simply would not be a World Robot Olympiad.
Information on all our National Organizers can be found at the member countries page.