Here you find the open positions we have at WRO for the moment. We conduct interviews with qualified candidates on an ongoing basis. If you see yourself as the right candidate for a job with WRO then please send us your application and CV. Do not wait until the deadline. We look forward to hearing from you.
World Robot Olympiad Association (WRO) is seeking to expand our team with a Resource Development Manager.
As our Resource Development Manager, you will be developing and managing our efforts of attracting new partners to financially support our mission, which is to advance STEM education worldwide on the basis of educational robotics competitions. You will lead cultivation and stewardship activities associated with prospects and actively manage and enhance related activities such as conceptualization of our partner programs, communications and activation of partnerships (value creating activities). You will take responsibility to develop a plan and execute a strategy to generate fundraising income from CSR minded companies, foundations, philanthropists etc.
Since 2004 WRO has relied on support from a small but dedicated group of partners; now we are seeking to expand our operations and for that we need funding. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of developing relationships, building partnerships and successful execution of strategic plans for fundraising.
We are a small team that works from different locations in Singapore, Denmark, Germany and Netherlands with partners in more than 70 countries. More than 25,000 teams participate in WRO events.
- Develop and execute strategy on fundraising
- Build content (materials, storytelling) in support of the fundraising efforts
- Proactively identify key potential partners
- Build relationships to advance the fundraising goals of WRO
- Support activation of new partnerships (value creating activities)
- Integrate successfully into the WRO team and community to achieve success
Qualification and Experience:
- 5+ years’ international experience working with resource development for nonprofit organizations OR solid experience from a position where you have been responsible for supporting nonprofit organizations.
- Relevant university degree
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English and preferably a second major language
- Experience in preparing persuasive proposals, reports and presentations
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels
- Selfmotivated, proactive and innovative mindset
As Resource Development Manager you will report to the WRO Secretary General. The position has no fixed place of work and the right candidate may work from his/her location. International travels of minimum 30 days a year for meetings with potential partners, attending events and meetings with the WRO team should be expected. Salary will be negotiated at an attractive level.
The position is full time.
Deadline for application is 1st October 2018.
Submit your application to Secretary General Claus Ditlev Christensen (cdc(at)wro-association.org).